President Trump: Service members injured in Baghdad airstrike received only minor concussions

US President Donald Trump speaks during a news conference at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2020.(AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 7:05 PM PT — Wednesday, January 22, 2020

President Trump is easing concern over reports American troops were injured during an Iranian counterstrike on a base in Iraq. While speaking to reporters on Wednesday, the president said some U.S. service members suffered concussions during the incident.

Last week, the Pentagon said at least 11 service members were evacuated from Iraq with minor injuries. The president suggested the media was sensationalizing reports of their injuries to drum up bad press on the White House.

“I heard that they had headaches and a couple of other things, but I can report it is not very serious. I don’t consider them very serious injuries, relative to other injuries that I’ve seen. I’ve seen what Iran has done with their roadside bombs to our troops. I’ve seen people with no legs and with no arms, and I’ve seen people that were horribly, horribly injured.”

– Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States

The strike was in retaliation for the death of Iranian General Qasem Soleimani. The president said the general was plotting an “imminent” attack on U.S. forces before he was killed.

RELATED: Iranian-Backed Militants Led Attack On U.S. Embassy In Baghdad

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *